Walls up, we spent the last two weeks putting up rafters. By “we”, we mostly mean Grandpa John, actually – the rest of us went to school and work during the weekdays, and he kept at it and got us to this weekend, and a ROOF!
Our roofing is actually pond liner, held down on all sides by metal plates. In order to keep water away from the sides (and the screws), Thaddeus crafted these foam bumpers, which we’ve taped down along the 2 sloped sides to keep the water running down the slope to the back of the shed.
Pond liner all rolled out! There was a little math error and it ended up 12″ shorter than we really needed.. but It’s A Shed!, so we’ll figure something out. Meanwhile… we’re making progress.
We got so excited about having walls and a roof that we hauled the recycling bins over and put them where they’ll eventually go… we’re so close to an operational building!